Wallauer Design Center brings attention to “October National Window Covering Safety Month”
Learn how to keep your Kids safe in your home. Cords and kids don’t mix. Hunter Douglas the leaders in innovative window coverings have been a big part of raising awareness of the potential hazards window treatment cords pose to young children. The WCSC Window Covering Safety Council and the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission has recognized October as National Window Covering safety month for the past 11th year.
The WCSC encourages parent and caregivers to follow basic cord –safety precautions. At Wallauer Design center we go over the cordless options that are available and why paying a little more for safety is well worth the cost. Wallauer’s also keeps their installers familiar and up to date with all the new products and procedures.
- Move all furniture, cribs, beds and climbable surfaces away from windows.
- Keep all window cords well out of the reach of children.
- Install only cordless window coverings in homes with young children.
- Make sure all cords and tassels are as short as possible.
- Make sure continuous –loop pull cords are pulled tight and anchored to the floor or wall.
- Be sure cord stops are properly installed and adjusted to limit inner-cord movement.
- Replace older products with today’s safer window coverings.
Wallauer Design Center has many cordless and motorized operating systems, retractable lift cords, cord tensioners and wand controls. This month at Wallauer’s they have Hunter Douglas Season of Style Event running till December 15th FREE cordless operations on many products. Including Duette Honeycomb shades, Silhouette Sheer Shadings, Vignette Modern Roman Shades and Park land 2” Wood Blinds… Visit us at www.wallauer.com for more information.
Keep your children safe this Holiday Season.
Download the Hunter Douglas Child Safety at the Window “ brochure, for more information http://www.hunterdouglas.com/child-safety